Monday, May 10, 2010

rubble, pigments















These are some of the materials I found on the site. I'll use them to trace the path from the site to the gallery by attaching them to different pieces of string and cord and dragging them all the way to the gallery. Since the pigment probably gets fixed better if it's wet, I'll get water from the gallery and take it to the site to make the rocks, bricks and other materials wet, following Mira's idea. Besides this, I'll put paper or cardboard (supports I find on the site) and drag the rocks on them, these "drawings" will then be presented in the gallery.

My idea is to use the space (site - street - gallery) as a material and at the same time a support.






















































The work will be documented with the drawings, photographs and there could be a video of the action, maybe one of the way and one with the camera looking towards the back and recording the stone dragging on the floor. I'm not sure about this, because I find the sound of the rocks dragging maybe more interesting than the image. The whole action can then be reconstructed in people's minds and memory.

The title of my piece could be either counting 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or red, yellow, white, red, yellow, white... I don't know yet. I think it would also be nice to number the rocks once they arrive at the gallery. They will be piled up there and the strings, cords or whatever they're attached to will be a part of the work.



No comments:

Post a Comment